7 Days Gorillas in Rwanda and Masai Mara
Discover the best of Rwanda and Kenya during the 7 days Gorillas in Rwanda and Masai Mara Safari. We track the Mountain Gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda and head to the Masai Mara, the jewel of Kenya’s wildlife viewing.
- An encounter with the gentle giants of Volcanoes National Park
- Amazing game safari in the Masai mara with the ‘big five’
Itinerary of 7 days Gorillas in Rwanda and Masai Mara
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival at Kigali Airport where you will be welcomed by a company representative to embark on your 8 days Gorillas in Rwanda and the Masai Mara. Overnight at the Kigali Serena Hotel
Day 2: Kigali to Volcanoes National Park – Nature walk
After breakfast, head out to Volcanoes National Park arriving in time for lunch and relaxation. Later in the evening, head out for a nature walk to Lake Burera and Lake Ruhondo, the crater lakes that are situated just outside the national park. You will enjoy fabulous views and scenery of the Volcanoes Mountains and the lakes. Dinner and overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Day 3: Gorilla Trekking
Arise early today and prepare for the highlight of your safari, an unforgettable encounter with the gentle giants of Bwindi! Following breakfast, transfer to the national park offices where you will be allocated a gorilla family in groups of 8 as well as a gorilla tracking guide.
After a pre-tracking briefing by your guide touching on the gorillas generally, your assigned gorilla family as well as appropriate safety precautions, you drive to the trailhead for the start of a thrilling adventure – participants can expect to walk long distances in steep and sometimes muddy conditions with rain overhead, which can be challenging, however, the thrill of coming face to face with a giant Mountain Gorilla silverback far more than makes up for the effort in their quest. Granted the time taken can be quite unpredictable taking anything from 2 to 8 hrs or longer.
You will have a packed lunch from the lodge for this hike. Upon sighting the gorillas, you spend the allowed one hour with them as they go about their daily life; feeding, moving, playing, raising their young, and sometimes wrestling by the juveniles – it is a totally unique and unforgettable experience! This will definitely be one of the highlights of your Gorillas in Rwanda and Masai Mara safari.
Dinner and overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Day 4: Volcanoes NP- Kigali – Flight to Nairobi
After breakfast, head to Kigali Airport for a departure flight to Nairobi arriving at Jomo Kenyatta Airport where you will be welcomed by a company representative and proceed to your place of Accommodation stay at Jacaranda Hotel.
Day 5: Nairobi to Masai Mara
Breakfast and then head to Masai Mara NP, the mara is known for its density of animals including the ‘Big Five’ and 453 species of birds. It is one of the most visited reserves in Africa. This National Reserve’s plains are predominantly open savannah, interspersed with patches of acacia woodland, and along the Mara River, riparian forest. Accommodation and meals at Mara Leisure Camp
Day 6: Masai Mara game drives
After breakfast, you will have time to explore more of Maasai Mara’s scenery and to catch a glimpse of the “The Big Five: lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo, and rhinos. In addition to these, Maasai Mara teems with other fascinating wild animal species: giraffes, zebras, hippos, baboons, wildebeests, warthogs, gazelles, crocodiles, and numerous bird species. Accommodation and meals at Mara Leisure Camp
Day 7: Masai Mara to Nairobi
After breakfast you may visit the Masai Village before heading back to Nairobi depending on the time of your flight, you will have lunch before proceeding to the airport for an onward flight back home.
End of the 7 days Gorillas in Rwanda and Masai Mara
INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
- Ground transportation in a safari customized 4WD with gasoline/fuel,
- Mineral water in the vehicle,
- Services of an English speaking Driver/guide,
- Accommodation as shown at the lodges mentioned in the itinerary,
- Meals as shown (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner),
- All Park Entrance Fees and all permits
EXCLUDED IN PACKAGE
- International Airfares; Excess baggage charges;
- Ugandan and Rwanda Entry Visa Fees
- International travel Vaccinations and Inoculations;
- Items of personal nature such as Room service,
- Beverages, Communications charges (telephone, fax, internet), Laundry, etc.;
- Postage fees, Porterage fees, Tips and Gratuities for your Driver/guide and Hotels staff,
- Shopping charges for Curios and Crafts,
- International Airport Departure Taxes,
- Optional activities unless specified as included,
- Any other services not expressly shown in the itinerary or indicated as included.